Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology
8112280

I been up to four nebs and took advair what else could I be ...

Customer Question

I been up to four nebs and took advair what else could I be doing having a really hard time with the breathing
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

Dear Jamie

I think if you are having a hard time breathing, you may consider going to the ER since there wont be much more things to consider at this point. They may supplement you with oxygen and consider a dose of intravenous steroids. Unfortunately with the nebulizer and long acting advair on board, not much more to do except get medical attention.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Stevens's Post: so you think I could try another neb even though I did four today. is it bad that the breathing is making me really tired. do u think I should try and go by taxi or ambulance with how I am doing

Jamie

Yes, the fact that you are getting tired due to your increased respiratory effort is worrisome. If you have not had a nebulizer in the last hour or 2, have another one. Without examining you and seeing what your respiratory effort looks like, I would say just get to the ER as soon as you can. If you feel very ill, call 911 and that way the paramedics can give you oxygen on your way over there.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Stevens's Post: so if this nebulizer doesnt work then you think i should def be heading to the er then I just been trying to avoid it but i cant evn keep myself up from the breathing and it hurts to take a breath in this is def the worst its been in awhile.......is it going to be a problem that I dont have insurance that was a big part of my worries too
From the sounds of it you should call for help first and do a nebulizer while you wait for ambulance. I hope you get well soon.