Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

2 year old who had a horrible rash on his penis; now it looks better

I have a 2 year old who had a horrible rash on his penis; now it looks better after Desitin Medicine for a day or two; but just now he has been crying about it hurting alot more than before when it looked bad. Could it be some other infection?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

It does sound as though he may have a fungal infection. Get some cream called Lotrimin. Which you can get at your local pharmacy. Wash the area with a mild soap, pat dry well. Once dry apply cream. You will see a great improvement in just a few days. Once it's cleared up, do continue using the cream for an additional 3 days to ensure the infection is gone.

If by chance there is no change after 36 hours, then you need to have him seen for an in person evaluation. As he may need a scrapping and sent to the lab.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.