Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

Im having to change my tampon and pad every 30

I''m having to change my tampon and pad every 30 minutes. There are also a lot of blood clots. Is this something I need to worry about?

Typically, for 24 hours of my period I have to change my tampon and pad every hour but this month it has changed to every 30 minutes for the last 12 hours....waiting to see if I have another 12 hours to go. Feeling exhausted....not much energy.

No additional pain to complain about just the "usual" uncomfortable feeling.

Whenever you need to change a pad and/or tampon in less than an hour, this is cause for concern. As it's too much bleeding. With you feeling exhausted, this is generally a sign of being anemic. (which can be due to the loss of blood as well) at this point you need to be seen now. Which I don't know how long before your doctors office opens. But if you can't get in, then you need to go to the ER and get this bleeding under control. Having a large amount of blood loss can also cause the clotting to occur as well. So please do be seen so the bleeding can be brought under control and then they will do further testing to find out why this is occuring.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I went to the appt and the doc did an exam. I've got a "swollen uterus" and an ultrasound scheduled for next week. they also checked for anemia but was 37..."in range". Thank you!

I'm so glad you were seen, you are so welcome :)

If you continue to feel weak, tired etc. you can always request for another iron test just make sure your iron level is running normal.