Mrs. E Brush
Mrs. E Brush, Nurse
Experience:  RN, CNA II, BLS-CPR certified, Ordination current, Author of "In Exchange for Grace"
7454593

I have wart like pimples all over my body and they keep ...

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have wart like pimples all over my body and they keep multiplying. One Dermatologist from Mayo said that they are a virus and there is nothing to be done about it. Now some are very large and itching. Is there anything I can do to cure them? I have many starting on my stomach and have put vinegar on them which seems to slow down the growth.
Expert:  Mrs. E Brush replied 8 years ago.

Hello. These are caused by the human papilloma virus, though there are many different types of this virus. There is no cure for the virus but the bumps can be treated symptomatically and because they are growing and because they are a concern to you, I would suggest that you seek treatment for this. The removal of these growths can be done with over the counter aids, however, these are slow to work and depending on the sizes of your growths, it may be better advised to have a dermatologist remove them. They can do so with a quick freezing procedure (which some patients report as slightly painful, however, it is done in one visit) or by using a chemical which will have to be repeated over several visits. Though the dermatologist that you saw in 2001 was correct that there is not a cure for this, they were incorrect in saying that there was no treatment. I advise you to see another dermatologist for the removal of these growths for your own peace of mind.

I am providing you a link here to search by specialty and your zip code for a HCP that can help you with this. http://www.appointmentnet.com/advanced_search/stype/4/index.html I hope this is helpful to you; please remember to press accept and feel free to contact me if you have anything to add.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am thankful for the info but need to know what medication to use as the warts are so many all over my body and spreading fast! Can you help with this. Thanks Geri.
Hello! Because of the extent of the warts, I will tell you not to waste your money on over the counter medications. They are genenerally effective after a long period of use but the best thing to do is to have the warts treated by a dermatologist who will apply stronger methods of removal. There is no pill to take by mouth because this virus can not be cured in this way- you can only treat the warts by removing them as they appear.