TBurtonRN
TBurtonRN, Nurse
Experience:  5 years experience as RN in critical care, neurology, and pediatrics.
8195698

What is a Bio Z test

Customer Question

I am under the care of a cardiologist and he has scheduled me for a Bio Z test after I have just had a stress test.
Category: Health
Expert:  TBurtonRN replied 9 years ago.

Theresa,

The Bio-Z is such an amazing test b/c it is so uninvasive. It tells exactly how effective the heart is with each beat. It will assist your cardiologist in assessing cardiac output, systemic vascular resistance, and cardiac contractility status. These are all very helpful in managing conditions such as high blood pressure and heart failure. Before the Bio-Z the only way this could be done was to place catheters inside your heart.

There will be a sticker placed on each side of your neck and below each breast. There will be two wired coming from each sticker that will resemble an EKG. This is a completely painless procedure and it doesn't take very much time.

Here is a link with detailed info on Bio-Z. http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-2129179/CMS-USES-BIOZ-FOR-DIAGNOSIS.html

Thanks,

Terria

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you for your information. I will not be so nervous now, as I am usually while being tested. God bless you. (edited for privacy)
Expert:  TBurtonRN replied 9 years ago.
You are very welcome Theresa. Smile