Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.
7581006

What are the causes of weak ejaculation?

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Could weak ejaculation be caused by prostrate problems?

Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 8 years ago.

The sperm transmission from the ductus deferens to the urethra during the orgasm is via the EJACULATORY DUCTS which lies within the PROSTATE GLAND. So the answer to your question is YES, prostate problems can be one of the causes of weak ejaculation.

You need to determine if your main concern is just about weak ejaculation or possibly there is LESS VOLUME OF EJACULATE. If the volume of ejaculate is less, then of course the ejaculation will be weak. You need to do semen analysis if your ejaculate is less than 1 ml (normal is 1.5 - 5 ml). Low volume ejaculate can be caused by low androgen levels, retrograde ejaculation, structural obstruction, or frequent ejaculation (as in frequent masturbation).

Good luck!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you. Would prostate problems also help to cause weak erections (Not Very Stiff) that also don't stay hard for long. Or is that due to blood flow? I smoked until recently and drink beer once a week (4-5 Pints).

The main function of the prostate during sexual activity is on ejaculation. Any abnormality in the ability to ejaculate should not be mistaken as problem in erection. Erection mainly depends on the blood and nerve supply. And yes, smoking and alcohol has some impact on blood circulation and have some negative effects on erection.

This link has good information that may be helpful to give more details to answer your questions: http://www.vitroman.com/prostate_problems.pdf

Good luck!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I think that I may have an enlarged prostate, and I will seek help from my doctor. Could an enlarged prostate (considering where it's situated) cause me to feel that I need to empty my bowels more even when I cannot go any more, causing me to sit longer and strain. Hence bringing on the symptoms of piles. Could it be a sort of vicious circle? This feeling in the anus makes me worried about the medical examination.

I look forward to your reply.

Hi Jerry,

Before considering prostate problems as causing your frequent urge to empty your bowels, few factors including constipation, rectal inflammation or intestinal inflammation need to be RULED OUT.

As to possibility of enlarged prostate to cause such urge to empty your bowels is LEAST LIKELY related. Enlarged prostate mainly has effects on urination. However a PROSTATE INFECTION which can cause prostate inflammation CAN CAUSE SENSATION OF FULLNESS in front of the rectum and can be mistakenly perceived as an urge to empty the bowels.

Anyway, it will be at your best interest to seek doctor's consultation so that your condition can be assessed properly and treated appropriately.

Take care and Good luck!