Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

Can I perform laser hair removal while pregnant

Customer Question

I work at a laser clinic and provide laser hair removal services. I''m wondering if it''s okay to continue to work there once I''m pregnant?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 8 years ago.

Hi,Customer,hair laser removal during pregnancy is a controversial theme among doctors ,some doctors approve it ,others not .

There is not a clear evidence that hair laser removal produces any damage to the baby .

But my best advise for you , is not having hair laser removal while you are pregnant .

This is small price to pay to have a healthy baby .

If you like the answer , please clikc accept . A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated .

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ALVARO's Post: My question isn't if I can receive laser hair removal; I know that is contraindicated. My question is can I give laser treatments.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 8 years ago.
There are no published restrictions on operating laser hair removal equipment during pregnancy. I can find no reports of any problems with operating a laser during pregnancy.

Hi,Customer, you can continue working in the laser clinic , however I would recommend talking with your obstetrician first , to see if it would be better that you at least avoid working the first 3 months directly with the laser equipment ( when the fetus is more vulnerable to any mutation or genetic alteration) and work in other area, like receiving the clients when they go to the clinic .

My main recommendation is talking with your obstetrician first ,to see what he recommends you to do .

If you like the answer, please click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD