Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

I have pimple like bumps on my butt, that itch and ...

I have pimple like bumps on my butt, that itch and sometimes bleed or leak clear liquid, I''ve had it for over 2 years. they seam too go awway for awhile if I use an antibacteria cream.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 8 years ago.

You probably have a fungal infection on the skin of your butt. The infection has clogged the mouth of the oil glands causing the formation of small cysts with itching.

Please take the following steps to get better:

- Wash the skin thoroughly wth Cetaphil.

- Dry off well and then apply an antifungal infection like Cruex or Lotrimin , both available OTC.

- At night, apply a mild steroid ointment like 1 % hydrocortisone, available OTC.

- Every alternate day, exfoliate the skin with a good exfoliator cream or lotion - you will find any number of skin exfoliators at the cosmetics counter. Use a scrubber or a small towel to scrub the skin so that the mouth of the glands open up.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. Adding a bonus and a positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.