Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy, while menstruating.

Customer Question

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy, while menstruating. Does this pose any problems?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

Most often no, however each doctor is different about this. I don't know when you are scheduled for this. I would give the office a call and let them know that your menstruation cycle is scheduled at the same time as the procedure. Usually for as short as the procedure is, having your menstruation won't interfere. But this also depends upon how you feel as well. Which for some woman can be more stressful and they may want to reschedule for a week later. (depending upon how booked they are) So I would give the office a call in the morning and go from there.

Keep in mind some people have rectal or intestinal bleeding and the procedure is done to see what is going on. So as far as bleeding, they medical team is knowledgeable in this.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. I was going to do just what you suggested.