Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

i have an internal lump to the right of my pubic area I am female

this lump is under the skin, about the size of a lima bean. it comes and goes but seems more often now. Sometimes it is extremly painful, sometimes it isnt...once i popped it but under the skin.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 6 years ago.

Is this lump on the labia majora?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: the what,???????? lol
Expert:  Lindie replied 6 years ago.

I'm trying to find the exact location of the lump you talk about.

Click here for a photo that shows the female area, perhaps that will help.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Lindie's Post: yes it is in the labia majora and this morning it is almost gone....   this is a normal pattern for it. Every now and then it is there and sometimes painful....this time it was not painful, but noticable.
Expert:  Lindie replied 6 years ago.

From your description, sounds as though you may have what's called sebaceous cyst. You can try to apply a hot compress. However if it doesn't go down, you need to follow up with your doctor, as he may prescribe steroids or antibiotics. It may also need to be lanced as well. But with it going down this time and not causing pain, it's best to leave it alone. If it returns or causes pain, then do the hot compress. And next time you see your doctor do let them know. Sometimes they occur and will go away. When they become infected then you need to be seen. In the future it's best not to squeeze them, as that can cause further irritation and infection.

You can read more about them here as well. read here

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.

Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience: 17+ years, Healthcare Expert