Dr. Scott W
Dr. Scott W, Physician (MD)
Experience:  Practicing Emergency Physician in Houston, Texas. I would be happy to answer any question!!

Is there a way to relieve sexual tension ...

Is there a way to relieve sexual tension non-sexually (besides ignoring the pain or hoping to sleep it away)? I am male.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Scott W replied 8 years ago.

Aside from masturbation (which I assume would be considered "sexual") the best thing you can do is exercise. Vigorous aerobic (running, swimming) and anaerobic (weight lifting) is by far the best thing you can do to relieve any type of tension, especially sexual.

Although I advise you go to a gym where women don't hang out, or it will just make things worse!

Thanks and good luck!

-Dr. Scott W, MD

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The information above is not a medical diagnosis or a substitute for actual medical treatment but is intended and should be used ONLY for educational purposes. An accurate and proper medical diagnosis requires a face-to-face meeting with a physician and may require tests as well as in-depth physical examination. To receive proper medical treatment you cannot rely on the information in this communication; you must seek treatment from a medical provider where you can be physically examined. In using this information service you agree that you understand the information offered is only for educational purposes and is not a substitute for medical treatment.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Scott W's Post: I have tried running, but not swimming and weightlifting. I did a LOT of running, but nevertheless have been hospitalized twice for anxiety of guilt and/or fear of inappropriate acting out.

I may be homosexual or bisexual, but for religious reasons do not believe that homosexuality is useful from a spiritual point of view.

Your physician may be able to prescribe medication to you also for your "acting out". Low dose antipsychotic medication has shown some usefulness in treating aggressive sexual impulses.

If you found my answer helpful today, please click the green ACCEPT button. works on the honor system, and that is the only way I can be compensated for my time.

-Dr. Scott W, MD

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Scott W's Post: Thank you. I later realized that my question really should be: " How to lesson sexual tension without masturbation or medication. I think the answer is something that only I can answer, and may have to do with what I make a priority of in my thinking.

In any case, three days later without masturbation or medication I feel quite a bit better.

Thank you for your answer.