Dr. Scott W
Dr. Scott W, Physician (MD)
Experience:  Practicing Emergency Physician in Houston, Texas. I would be happy to answer any question!!
7435851

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS THE LIVER IS HOMOGENEOUS IN ...

Customer Question

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS THE LIVER IS HOMOGENEOUS IN ATTENUATION
Category: Health
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Dr. Scott W replied 9 years ago.

Jessie,

That is the description of normal liver tissue. Homogenous means same appearance, which is good. Heterogenous would mean some areas looked different than others, and is usually an indication of something going on.

If you found my answer to be helpful please click the green ACCEPT button. JustAnswer.com works on the honor system, and that is the only way I can be credited for my work on your question today.

-Dr. Scott W, MD

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: The information above is not a medical diagnosis or a substitute for actual medical treatment but is intended and should be used ONLY for educational purposes. An accurate and proper medical diagnosis requires a face-to-face meeting with a physician and may require tests as well as in-depth physical examination. To receive proper medical treatment you cannot rely on the information in this communication; you must seek treatment from a medical provider where you can be physically examined. In using this information service you agree that you understand the information offered is only for educational purposes and is not a substitute for medical treatment.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Scott W's Post: WHAT DOES SEVERAL SMALL NONSPECIFIC NODES WITHIN THE MESENTERY BUT PERDOMINANTLY WITHIN THE RIGHT LOWER QUADRANT OF UNCERTAIN ETIOLOGY AS I SEE NO DEFINITE MASS THE REASON IS FOR ELEVATED AST

Jessie,

That is called radiologists covering themselves. Lymph nodes enlarge in response to many things: viral infection, bacterial infection, inflammation, cancers. Radiologists must measure them and report them, but are not indicative of anything in particular.

Good luck!

-Dr. Scott W, MD