Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.

dizziness followed by numbness or tingling in my arm and ...

dizziness followed by numbness or tingling in my arm and tongue when turning my head
Category: Health
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Any medication you are on now?
-Any pain when turning your head?
-Since when you noticed such simptomsl?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I suffer from migraines I am on elevil and paxil, my first symptom was dizziness when turning my head next it was the numbness in my arms and tingling on my tongue. I had a sinus infection two weeks ago however this was happening prior to diagnosis.

Your symptoms are most likely from side effects of ELAVIL, though Paxil can also cause dizziness. You may need to consult your doctor if there is any need to adjust your dosage.

Be reminded that alcohol use while on PAXIL and ELAVIL can intensify the dizziness so just in case, you need to avoid or minimize alcoholic drinks. Grapefruit juice may also have some effects while on elavil, so be careful.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have been on the same dose of elavil for four years, if it was a side effect would it be showing up this late?.

Side effects do not necessarily need to appear at the time when you just start taking the medicine. Side effects can take place at any time later depending on different factors such as its blood level and what effects it has done so far.