Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

left leg pain- radiates down left leg - throbbing - ...

left leg pain- radiates down left leg - throbbing - intermittent - sometimes happens at night and keeps me awake - other times happens during the day - goes down top of let all the way to the top of my foot -

These symptoms are pointing towards a condition- Sciatica. It is caused by irritation of sciatica nerve. Also sciatica usually will get better on its own, and the healing process usually only takes a few days or weeks.

Overall, the vast majority of episodes of sciatica pain heal within a six to twelve week time span.

Use these tips-

1. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen, naproxen, or COX-2 inhibitors),are helpful in reliveing pain

2.Use of ice or heat is applied for approximately 20 minutes, and repeated every two hours.

3. Acupuncture treatment

4. Bed rest is also very important., but resting for longer periods of time is usually not advisable

5. Low impact aerobic exercise, such as walking or swimming (or pool therapy) is also helpful. .

If these tips are not helping you then you should consult Physicain for Epidural steroid injections and prescribed Painkillers.Surgical treatment is also avaliable in severe cases.Source-

Hope this helped

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much! This helps me immensely. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX advice, as well as the diagnosis.

Most welcome.

Take Care