Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

Why would my temperature be low It is betweem 94.6 and 96.9.

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 8 years ago.
Customer, You need immediate medical attention , You have hypothermia .

The main cause of hypothermia is cold weather .

This could be extremely dangerous for your heart .

Go to the emergency immediately , Do not wait .

If you like the answer, please click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am a type 2 diabetic, on thyroid medication, diabetic medication, blood preasure medication and colesterol medication. I just got over malaria that I got from being in Uganda, Africa. I did take melerone while on this trip. I had a fever during the malaria then when it when down is when I noticed that me temp was so low. It has been 3 weeks now an I have checked it off and on during the day. I am still not feeling myself and am very tired. Could the low temp be from the malaria?

Your symptoms could be caused by malaria , with your medical condition ( specially your diabetes ) , this is extremely dangerous ,go to the emergency right now .

Diabetes can weaken your immune system , decreasing your ability to combat infections . For this reason , the infections spread easily ,also your blood glucose levels can be severely altered .

Seek medical help immediately .

If you like the answer, please click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated .

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I went to the Dr. and he said that unless my temp was below 94 I am in the normal range.
What do you think?
Expert:  V. Davenport, RN replied 8 years ago.
If 1000 peoples' temperature were taken, then the results would be on an average of 98.6 by mouth or within a range. The time of day also affects your temperature and if you are taking the temperature by mouth, what you drink before the measurement would also affect the outcome. And how hydrated you are at the time you took your temperature. Chances are the malaria probably dehydrated you causing a lower temperature. I advise you to take your temperature by rectal thermometer for more accuracy. Then subtract a degree for the results. This way is more accurate than by mouth. Then you can tell the doctor this measurement also. Taking the temperature in the morning is usually lower than the afternoon and evening. This might be a variable as to why your temperature is lower. Because of your medical condition, I recommend that you call your physician in the morning and have an assessment.   Let him know your temperature by rectum also. There are rectal thermometers that can be useed for taking a more accurate temperature.
Use this link to see a table for the variance of temperatures. You can paste the web site in your browser window