Judy
Judy, Nurse
Experience:  RN in ICU for 35 years
803120

How long does tendonitis last

I have been diagnosed with tendonitis
2 months ago and pain is now worse and heat and cold therapy does not help. Dr. only gave me celebrex (4 tablets) that did not help. My wrist
hurts non-stop!
Category: Health
Expert:  Judy replied 8 years ago.
What is the cause of the tendonitis, do you know?
What type of wrist band do you have and what were the instructions about it?
Celebrex - 4 tablets total? Or 4 per day?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Unknown cause for tendonitis. The wrist band is
similar to an ace bandage material that velcros
around wrist. And the Dr. only gave me 4 pills
total one per day that did not help. I've restricted lifting with hand and have had no
relief.
Expert:  Judy replied 8 years ago.

I would suggest a sturdier band - perhaps one like that used for carpal tunnel. They can be purchased at any chain pharmacy or surgical supply store for about $15-20.00.

NSAIDS are your best bet for the inflammation, but at first they may need to be taken regularly around the clock and in higher than usual doses.

Anything can cause tendonitis, but often it is a repetitive motion that does it - something like using a stapler more often than usual.

Unfortunately, the tendon can remain inflamed for several weeks or even several months!

Here is a site devoted to the topic - don't intend for you to purchase the products advertised!

Rest is the best treatment and the additional support of the higher quality band may help. Here is a picture from the Walgreen's site.