Judy, Nurse
Experience:  RN in ICU for 35 years

how do you get something stuck in your nose out

my daughter got a 3sided bead stuck in her nose and it is up pretty far how do i get it out?
Category: Health
Expert:  Judy replied 8 years ago.
You should not try to get this out yourself. You could end up pushing the bead further in. If it is bothering you or her badly enough, you can go to the emergency room, otherwise, waiting until the am for a specialist is the best approach.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
is there any way it can slip back to far and she could choke or swallow it during the night?
Expert:  Judy replied 8 years ago.
It isn't likely as the nasal passages do get a bit smaller toward the back,but it is possible. If the bead is irregular in shape, the ER doc would probably be able to get the bead out. But if it's smooth or "polished" the ENT would be more likely to have the equipment needed. My emergency room sister's response was "why are they waiting?" So in her experience, they go right to the ENT, not waiting overnite.

When you are ready for some humor about this situation, here is an interesting "chat-type" website. I am quite sure you don't see any humor at this point, and I don't mean to make light of it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Judy's Post: they said they couldn't get me an appointment until tomorrow and it is 45 mins away in another town.. I don't know why they are waiting though. I will just keep a watch on her through the night and go and see the ent in the afternoon tonmorrow when they got my appointment for.. Thank you for all your help I really apprectiate it. hopefully I can laugh about this someday but this just isn't that day
Expert:  Judy replied 8 years ago.

Glad I could help. Hope the appointment went well. If you found the answer helpful, please don't forget to click that big green button! That's the only way I get credit for my time here. You can also leave feedback if you choose, thanks for using JA