Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.
7581006

my left hip gets a burning feeling in it that lasts a ...

my left hip gets a burning feeling in it that lasts a long time and sometimes i get a sharp pain. The only way to stop the pain is to sit down. what is causing this and what can I do to help it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Does the pain increase if you apply pressure?
-Since when have experienced the pain?
-Any problem in urination?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
there is no pain when you apply pressure actualy tha helps the pain. Ive had the pain on and off now for about a month .usually in the morning and work but will continue all day right now it doesnt hurt much but the area feels alittle numb.no problem going to the bathroom

There are actually many conditions that can lead to a left hip burning sensation. It is usually with involvement of muscles, nerves,bones, ligaments or joints. With your symptoms, there is possibility that the cause is MUSCULAR STRAIN or KIDNEY STONE. (Note, small kidney stone which has symptoms similar to what you had described, are sometimes cannot be seen with X-ray, ultrasound may catch it. Try to drink plenty of water for now. ) Other probable cause can include spinal stenosis or an infection of the sciatic nerve of the lower leg- however in such situations the symptoms will usually involve the leg. Bone problems as the cause, usually increases the pain with walking or sitting.

You may apply warm compression, and continue your anti-inflammatory drug for few days. Having occasional sharp pain however is quite alarming, so I would highly recommend to have a doctor's check up and have few investigations done.

Good luck and take care!