Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

i have black fluid leaking from my left breast. it ...

Customer Question

i have black fluid leaking from my left breast. it isn''t sore and there does not seem to be any other outward changes. what can this be? i''m 25
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.
Customer

This may be due to fibrocystic disease. It is also characteristic for an inflammation of the breast ducts called mammary duct ectasia which is not usually related to an underlying cancer nor does it put you at greater risk than the normal for breast cancer. Ectasia is an inflammation of the breast ducts that is not caused by bacteria. I would see your doctor for an exam and testing for confirmation. You can read more here
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nipple-discharge/WO00093