Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I had a Hepatitis panel done. The Hepat B Surf AG came ...

I had a Hepatitis panel done. The Hepat B Surf AG came back Non Reactive. The Hepat B Surf AB came back Reactive. The Hepat B Core AB came back Non reactive and the Hepat C Antibody came back Non Reactive. Does this mean I have Hepatitis B?
These results would be consistent with a previous infection with Hepatitis B or previous immunization with the Hepatitis B vaccine.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: Does the result mean I have Hepatitis B/ About 12 years ago I had one or 2 of the vaccinations but not the whole series. Would that be a reason for the result?
The fact that you had 2 of the hepatitis shots is the most likely reason for these results. These results are NOT consistent with a current hepatitis infection, they are much more consistent with a past infection (resolved) or more likely, from the previous vaccine.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If the infection is "resolved" does that mean I do not need any treatment for it at this time?