jason
jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives
7489983

Hi. I have a question can someone tell me if your lungs ...

Customer Question

Hi. I have a question can someone tell me if your lungs are also in your back as they are in the front. also can someone tell me what a cold sweat is please.
Category: Health
Expert:  jason replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I think I have answered one of your questions before. I need a little clarification. What do you mean when you ask if your lungs are the same in the back as they are in the front? With a little clarification I can give an answer.

jason

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
okay lately today i have been having a funny feeling right in the bottom of my chest between my breasts and my back feels tingley at times. that is why I am asking.
Expert:  jason replied 9 years ago.

Okay, I know understand.

Are you having any problems breathing? How long has this been lasting? Have you ever had any heart problems (or in your family)? Do you smoke? Are you on any medicines? Do you have any health problems?

I hope to be able to give you an answer quickly.

Jason

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i do not seem to have any problems breathing, it has last for a while it comes and goes, they say i do not have any heart problems my father has had a heart attack and has had double by pass surgery. I do not smoke i am on warfarin.
Expert:  jason replied 9 years ago.

HeyCustomer

One last thing, Are you having Cold sweats?

jason

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i do not know what is a cold sweat?
Expert:  jason replied 9 years ago.

A cold sweat is when you are sweating yet your body feels cold. Are you having this symptom? I'm sure you know where I am getting at, but what you are describing I do not believe it is a heart attack or anything like that, especially with your age. It actually sounds like acid reflux. I would suggest some over the counter prilosec or pepcid and that should make things better.

If I have answered your question let me know by clicking Accept. If you still need help let me know.

Jason

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
okay so a cold sweat is when you are sweating put you feel cold is that right? So you do not believe that this would involve my heart is that correct and are there lungs in your back?
Expert:  jason replied 9 years ago.

You are correct. Cold sweat is when you sweat but you feel cold. I do not believe that you are having any heart problems. Your lungs do fill your chest in front and back but, what you are describing sounds like acid reflux and the pepcis or prilosec I suggest earlier will help.

If you need anything else let me know, otherwise please click accept so that I may get credit for my work.

Jason

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
if I was having a cold sweat would this mean my heart or could it be cause be something else
Expert:  jason replied 9 years ago.
Other things can cause cold sweat. The most common being infection.