jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives

about 3 weeks ago notice a red spot on my back - looked ...

about 3 weeks ago notice a red spot on my back - looked like a pimple and had a "lump" underneath the skin...about the size of a dime...seemed smooth and somewhat round. hasn't gotten bigger and no "head" has developed like a normal pimple...could this likely just be a cyst? Had one before but it's been years....also ran a marathon about 4 weeks ago...could this be a causal factor as my body changes so dramatically during a run like that. It it's likely a cyst should i just leave it alone? Thanks..*it itches a little when i touch it

The good news is it sounds like a simple cyst. If it doesn't bother you to much leave it alone. If it is bothering you I would suggest you see your doctor as he can cut it out relatively painlessly and help make sure it doesn't come back.

If I answered your question let me know by clicking accept.. If you still need help let me know.