jason
jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives
7489983

3 DAYS AGO GOT 15 STICHES ON SCALP IN HOSPITAL NOW I HAVE ...

3 DAYS AGO GOT 15 STICHES ON SCALP IN HOSPITAL NOW I HAVE STYES IN THE EYE AND TWO PUFFY RED SACKS UNDER BOTH EYES are the red sacks related to the head injury?
Category: Health
Expert:  jason replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

What kind of injury did you have to your head? Where were you hit? Let me know and I can give an answer.

Jason

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i walked into a steel staircase and cut my scalp open exposing my skull never lost concienceness
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to jason's Post: was hit on top of head
Expert:  jason replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

What you are describing is called Raccoon Sign ( seriously). It is an indication that there has been some damage to the base of the skull. So yes it is related to your original head injury most likely because the force was transmitted from the site of impact to the base of your skull. If they gave you an MRI etc at the ER you should be fine.

If I answered your question let me know by clicking accept. If you still need help let me know.

Jason

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to jason's Post: never got an mri was a little sore at the base of the neck but thought that was a slight whiplash effect what should i do??
Expert:  jason replied 6 years ago.

Did they take any pictures of your head? They usually at least do a CT with any kind of head trauma. If they did a CT then you can relax. If they didn't I would advise contacting your doctor, telling him what has happened and letting him know you are concerned about a basilar skull fracture.

jason

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ithey took a pic i think but what is a ct?
Expert:  jason replied 6 years ago.

Did you lay down in a machine for a couple of minutes while they told you not to move? If so it sounds like you got a CT. If you had a CT they would have considered the basilar problems and they would have told you if there was a problem.

Glad to help. If I have answered let me know by clicking accept. If you still need help I am here.

jason

jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience: Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives