jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives

My Fiancee has blood in stool everytime he goes to the ...

My Fiancee has blood in stool everytime he goes to the bathroom, what could this mean?
Hello Kennedy,
Quick question before I answer. How old is your fiancee and does he have hemorrhoids?
Answer and I will help.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to jason's Post: my fiancee is 22 years old and honestly I do know if he has hemorrhoids or not. I really hope thats all it is though.
Is it bright red blood or old black blood? Is it on the toilet paper also?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
By he being so young and without any history of colon or colorectal cancer in the family, could either of the two be a possible diagnosis?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to jason's Post: His blood is bright red. He does not have any on the toilet paper. He only finds traces of it in his stool.

Is there pain with the stool? How long has it been going on?

Honestly though, with his age and no family history and no risk factors I feel fairly confident telling him that it is most likely internal hemorrhoids if he has no other health problems.

If I answered your question let me know by clicking accept. If you still need help let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
He has been having this for about a month and he has never complained about any pain with the stool but he has had some stomach upset.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Jason for your help I am really relived that it is nothing that can cause great detriment to his health.

Your welcome :)

Positive feedback is always greatly appreciated.