jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives

pregnant..lot of pain , itchy skin with a rash..blood test..herpes

Customer Question

My fiance is 3 months pregnant. She has a lot of pain , itchy skin with a rash and is constantly sick everytime she eats or drinks anything. She has had a blood test and has what has been described as "simple herpes" (not the sexually transmitted type!) She also has a history of problems with her Gall Bladder and we believe she may have Gall Stones. Is there any remedy she can take without any risk to the baby.
Category: Health
Expert:  jason replied 8 years ago.

Hello Concernedparterner51,

I'm glad to be able to help. Quick question, does she have allergies?

Respond an I may be able to help.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The only known allergic reaction is to dust and to grasses in spring but no tests have ever been made to identify this exactly
Expert:  jason replied 8 years ago.

Hello again,

As for the rash there aren't any safe drugs to give during pregnancy. The good news is there is an easy remedy that work for many women for the nausea.

Go to you local pharmacy and purchase ginger tablets. This has been used for years to treat all types of nausea from seasickness to pregnancy. The best thing is it is a food that is realitively safe for baby.

If I answered your question let me know by clicking accept. If you still need help let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The nausea is not the primary concern , we think it is a syptom of something more concerning ie Gall Stones ... The question is is there any treatment that can dissolve a gall stone without harm to baby... My partner has been given the impression by doctors in Kyrgystan that there is nothing they can do but this seems crazy if gall stones present a risk of death to both mother and baby. They have told her stones are forming and that she is at high risk of loosing the baby but offered no treatment !
Expert:  jason replied 8 years ago.

If the gallstone is the main concern there is something they can do. I have seen several laparoscopic surgeries to remove gallbladders from pregnant women. You just have to find a doctor willing and able. It is unfortunate that the only doctors I know who do it are in the U.S.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your answer and sorry to take more of your time but does that mean that surgery is the only option and is it exceptional rather than normal to perform such an operation on a pegnant women. Is there nothng she can take orally to try and dissolve the stones without risk to the pregnancy ?
Expert:  jason replied 8 years ago.

Hello once again,

From my experience yes, surgery is the only option. I thought it was odd the first time also. But our surgeons and OB/GYN swore it was a safe procedure. There are no known alternatives by prescription or over the counter. I wish I had been able to give you better news when answering your question.

I'm glad to have been able to respond quickly. Please click accept so that I get credit for my work. If you still need help PM me.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your help. Although it is not good news it does provide some clarity atleast. Thank you again.
Expert:  jason replied 8 years ago.

Glad to have helped. If you need anything else just PM me.