Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

For the past 2 days my urine has been very strong ...

For the past 2 days my urine has been very strong colored and quite painfull to go to the bathroom , and today I noticed that i am actually peeing blood . can u give me any info of why this might be ??
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

The most common cause of your symptoms is a urinary tract infection and so you need to drink plenty of water and see a doctor for antibiotics.

Other causes of passing blood in urine can be kidney stones, trauma to kidney and less likely at your age, bladder cancer.

If you have a fever and lower back pain then the infection may have spread to kidneys and in this case you would need urgent care rather than waiting for your doctor to reopen.