jason, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  Area of interest:Chest Pain, Women's Health, Natural Alternatives

I had a period about two and half weeks ago and since two ...

I had a period about two and half weeks ago and since two days ago every time i go to the toilet to pass water towards the end it hurts and when i wipe myself i have very light bleeding not like a period. Do i need to take a pregnancy test? Or do i have some kind of bladder infection?

What you are describing is a classic Lower UTI. This can be treated with simple antibiotics. I typically suggest Bactrim if you have no sulfa allergies. A short course will really help with the pain and bleeding. I'm glad we caught it early.

As for could you be pregnant. It is highly unlikely. 2 weeks after you period you would have just ovulated about 5-7 days ago. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If I answered your question let me know by clicking Accept. If you still need help let me know.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what is uti?

Sorry, Should have explained. UTI means Urinary Tract Infection. As I am sure you know these are very common in women.

If you need anything else let me know. If I answered your question please click Accept so that I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what is the cause of this?

The most common cause for a UTI is bacteria from the surrounding area finding its way into your urethra (the whole you pee out of ). This can be from just bad luck, poor hygiene, wiping the wrong way, or sex. The good news is the bactrim I mentioned earlier really helps.

If you need anything else let me know.