Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

what could a positive blood test mean

i had blood test taken and the doctor called me back and told me that almost everything came back negative but i would need to be tested again in 2 to 3 months.
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.
Why did you go to your doctor in thr first place, do you know which tests he was running?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i was having chest pains.He told me it was just blood test.
Expert:  Pauline replied 8 years ago.

At your age it is unlikely that he was running blood tests for heart attack, but it is possible that this was a standard full blood count and you may be borderline anemic. This could cause chest pains in some cases, and would need a follow up blood test to check that levels had not dipped any further.

Keep a diary of occasions of when the pain occurs and how long it lasts. Do ensure that you eat a balanced healthy diet.