Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Please tell me what to do about NEUROMA in my feet

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 8 years ago.

For mild to moderate cases of neuroma,Padding,Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs,shots are given.If this doesnot help then surgical procedures are the option. The surgical removal of foot neuroma is a relatively simple procedure.For the best treatment option for you you should consult foot surgeon.

Take care.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I also have Plantar Fasciitis. Is this related to the Neuroma and what do you recomment to do for this?
Please stay online so that you can read my answer.

Plantar Fasciitis is a condition occurs when the long fibrous plantar fascia ligament along the bottom of the foot develops tears in the tissue resulting in pain and inflammation.In most cases, plantar fasciitis does not require surgery or invasive procedures to stop pain and reverse damage.It is mostly controlled by various medications.

Plantar fasciitis is literally an inflammation of the plantar fascia whereas neuromas are irritated nerve endings.

Take care

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What kind of medications would you recommend for Plantar fasciitis?
You can take anti inflammatory medication like tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily.This will reduce the inflammation of the fascia & hence reduce the pain.It is availaible at the counter.