Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I recently had intercourse and used the pull out method. I ...

I recently had intercourse and used the pull out method. I started my period that lasted 3-4 days and it was a normal period. I am now having symptoms that I had when I was pregnant. My breasts are starting to have sharp pains and I am having little pains in my lower part of my abdoman.Could I be experiencing early symptoms of pregnancy? And is it possible to be pregnant after a period?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Did you had sex at the time of bleeding?

Are your periods regular?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had sex the first day of my period and a little over a week ago I had sex. Both times using pull out method. My periods are always pretty heavy and have some blood clots. It was heavy for first two days and I did have some blood clots. I also had sex the day after my cycle stopped using same method. my cycle just ended a couple of days ago, should I be experiencing pregnancy symptoms? I wonder If have been pregnant and still had a period. I dont know if that is possible?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Well, chances of getting pregnancy are maximum on the 14th day of cycle, because at that time ovulation occurs. As you had sex on bleeding days, so chances of pregnancy are less. Also ideally , there is no day in women cyce , when she can not be pregnant . But chances of pregnancy in your case are very less. Also pull out method is not hundred percent safe.

You have to wait till your next expected date of menses, if you miss the next period, and even aftertwo weeks, yoyu dont haave bleeding, then you should get a blood pregnancy test. It is too early to comment at this time.

Thank you.