Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have pain on my right side near my c-sec scar i got

I have pain on my right side near my c-sec scar i got 9 months ago? i had a similar pain when they were sewing me up.

Since when do you have pain?

How severe is the pain?

Do you have recent history of any abdominal strain or unaccustomed activity?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. Arun Phophalia's Post: Ive had the pain for about 5 days and no ive never had pain there before. If i move a certain way the pain gets worse maybe a 5-6 out of 10.

The scar tissue (and it is not only skin but deeper tissues like muscles and fascia) is not strong as normal tissue. It looks like that you have sprained these weak muscles by some activity. Just picking up the baby or carrying can cause this sprain. The treatment is rest to the body part, avoiding those activities which reproduce the pain, heating pad, anti-inflammatory analgesics like motrin, local analgesic spray or ointment.

Hope this helps you. Please don't hesitate to ask, if you have further questions.

Dr. Arun