AngelHands
AngelHands, Physician
Experience:  MBBS,PGD(Preventive and Promotive Medicine)
7483145

std

For the last month or so I’ve had redness on the head of my penis and flaky dry skin on the head and the sides of the penis. I have looked up information on STDs online but have not found anything that seems to be a match. Does these problems seem like they might be from a STD and if so what STD would have these kinds of symptoms, I have no burning, and no discharge.
Category: Health
Expert:  AngelHands replied 8 years ago.

Did you recently have unproteced sex?

Have you any open lesion on the penis head?

Any discharge through penis?

Do you have swelling on penis?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
condon broke 5 oct 07
no
no
no

Well, red flaky skin on penis, is usually due to Yeast infection. It can be easily treated with anti-fungal medications. Both partners need to be given anti-fungal medications. It doesnt look like STD. It is always adviced that you should get a clinical examination from your Physician.

Read here-http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/sexinfections/sti/165.html

I hope this helped.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what medicine will be good for yeast infection , How long a yest infection last and what about me tring the tetracicline

It can be treated with antinfungal medication like-Clotrimazole ,Diflucan .It has to be used for local application on penis , 1-2 times a day for up to 7 days .Usually such infection get cleared in maximum seven days.

Also Get examination from your doctor.