Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert

My missed period on december 5. and ultrasound on december ...

My missed period on december 5. and ultrasound on december 18. The doctor told me she didnt see any growth and pregnancy may be a loss. She rescheduled me for Jan 3. and I already feel my stomach changing and more stronger pregnancy symptoms. Do you think it was to soon to see anything ????
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

What was the first day of your last period?

Was a blood pregnancy test done, if so what were the results?

Are your cycles generally every 28 days?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
LMP November 5,2007
No blood test only urine.
cycle every 31 days.
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

Based upon your LMP, you would have been around 5 wks and 5 days pregnant. Which generally around 6 wks one can start to see a heartbeat. So being around 5wks there would at least be a sac etc. If nothing was found at all, then chances are you're not pregnant.

If you are not pregnant, and you are not having any bleeding or cramping, then chances are there is no loss either. I don't know if they checked your ovaries, as an ectopic pregnancy could be the situation, or it could be hormone related as well.

Getting a blood test to check your hCG levels is most important at this point. If you do start to feel any lower right or left cramping, do be seen right away. Just to make sure it's not an ectopic pregnancy.

There are several causes for irregular periods. Examples; stress, weight gain/loss, medication, illness, climate, cyst, or polyp of the cervix, hormonal imbalance, thyroid, infection.. just to name a few.

So do keep your appt in a few days, but also ask your doctor to run a blood test as well.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
pregnancy was confirmed through urine test, and gestational sac was seen but thats all.
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

You didn't say the sac was seen. It's possible you may have ovulated late therefore it was still to early or this may be what's known as a Blighted ovum pregnancy, click here to read more on this. A blood test would give the value of the hCG levels, which then can also give a better idea of how far along you may be. And once you get a blood test if it's repeated in a couple of days a good viable pregnancy would double in values. So I would still suggest a blood test to check these values. Plus the u/s should give a better idea of whats going on as well.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have had no sighns of miscarriage was it to early to see anything?????
Expert:  Lindie replied 8 years ago.

If there are no signs of a miscarriage which would be cramping and bleeding, then yes it's possible it was too early. However, keep in mind that I don't have all the medical facts as far as what your hCG levels are and I don't have the u/s report either. So going by the information I do have, it does look as though you may have ovulated late and the u/s was done too early.

Hope this helps.