NurseKae, Nurse (RN) and Doula
Experience:  Bachelors Degree Nursing OB/GYN, Sexual Health, Pediatrics, Urgent Care, Family Practice

Im scheduled for a tummy tuck in January..No chest pain, no smoking

I''m scheduled for a tummy tuck in January and had an ekg which showed tachycardia ( which has not changed since last ekg 3 years ago) Will this prevent me from having surgery? No chest pain, no smoking, BP controlled, DMII controlled, normal CBC.

Do you remember what the heart rate was? This information would be helpful to me in answering your question.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to NurseKae's Post: I believe nurse said it was 120 bpm,( I'm sure it was just nerves because last checkup 1 mo ago Dr. Said heart sounds good
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I believe nurse said it was 120 bpm and I also have panic/anxiety issues. I've never had heart problems and have never had issues with my fast heartrate preventing surgery in past. I had TAH/BSO 2 ys age, c-section, neck/spine surgery, appy. Thank you for your response and Happy New Year!!!
I'm writing because i"ll just be devastated if I don't get to go through with this surgery. It's been a long time waiting. I'm VERY self-conscious about my large abd.

While I cannot answer for a particular surgeon, I can tell you that a normal rhythm of 120 beats per minute would not be a problem for most surgeons. This is as long as you are in good health generally (no fevers or illness, blood pressure under control, etc), which it sounds like is the case.

Discuss this with your surgeon. If he seems hesitant or has any misgivings, he may suggest a follow up EKG or a consultation with a cardiologist. If after these, he is still unwilling to operate on you, it is important for you to respect his decision in the matter. he has your health and wellbeing in mind.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions. If not, please don't forget to accept this answer.

Best wishes, and I hope you are able to get the surgery as scheduled.