Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

my husband has lower back pain,pain in his legs and ...

My husband has lower back pain,pain in his legs and numbness in his bottom. He has chest pain that gets so bad it hurts to breath.Heart burn or indigestion and headaches.It does not ease up when he lays down. and i dont know if this is related to any of this but he is having problems with one side of his hearing.He said his left arm goes numb.He gets dizzy and is tired all the time.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 9 years ago.

What was found in the abdominal scan?

Werre other tests like an MRI of his spine or an gastroesophagoscopy done?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
nothing abnormal was found no mri was done ,we had to beg for blood work to be done.he went to the doctor about 5 times for this we were told it was from drinking to many cokes to borderline diabetic when they didnt have another answer.the test they did was a ct abdomen and ct pelvis but they did not scan his chest.this same office saw a man the other day with alot of the same problems chest pain and arm pain. they sent him home without an answer and he died in his sleep.He was 35 and Im scarred.

I believe that your husband has two separate conditions.

The first one is that he probably has a peptic ulcer. This will not show up in a CT scan. But it causes abdominal pain, heartburn, indigestion and abdominal bloating. He needs tests like a gastroesophagoscopy and a barium meal Xray to diagnose if he does have an ulcer.

Another condition he could be suffering from is be a herniated spinal disc. This will press on the nerves supplying the lower part of the body causing lower back pain, pain in his legs and numbness or pain in his hips. An MRI of his spine will help in a diagnosis.

If he is borderline diabetic, then he needs to consult an endocrinologist to plan out his diet.

Overall, I think you need to ask your doctor for these tests or consult a different doctor.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. Adding a bonus and a positive feedback will be warmly appreciated.