Dr A Gupta
Dr A Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD Internal Medicine, Internist with over 12 years of urgent care/outpatient experience.

How long does trazodone stay in your system after

How long does trazodone stay in your system after you stop taking it. I have not taken this drug since late November or Early December and I have a pre-employment drug screen either the 4th of 7th of January. I only took 25 to 50 mg 3 times in 2 weeks. Can you let me know if I have to worry about this showing up on a drug screen?
Trazodone is an antidepressant and is not tested in the routine pre-employment drug tests. It is tested only for clinical evaluation. Even if specifically requested it is unlikely to be detectable after this many days due to its short half life.

Dr. G
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The question you did not answer is....How long would trazadone stay in your system after taking it? If the half life is 5 to 13 hours would it be in your system after 15 days?
Yes, it would still be in the system, but most likely in undetectable levels.
Dr. G
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK final clarification question - you say it is still in the system after 15 days. How long is it in a persons system for? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I really want to know - how long is is in the system. I am appreciative of your help and your quick answers.
There is no definite time limit as to how long a given drug will stay in body as this depends on various factors like kidney function, liver function, other medications, protein concentration etc. However for a drug with half life of 5- 10 hours, its unlikely to be present in body beyond a month.

Dr. G