Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.

I have a lump under the skin in my face next to my nose, ...

I have a lump under the skin in my face next to my nose, just under my eye. There is no visible marks on the outside. It is about 1 1/2 inches long and maybe 3/4 inch wide. What could it be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 8 years ago.

Could you give somemore info:

How long have you had it?

Is it painful?

Is it soft to the touch or firm?

Does it move when you try to move it or is it fixed to the underlying muscles/bone?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr. D. Evans's Post: I've had it so about 10 days, it did hurt at first and my face swelled up for a few days, but after 2 days on bactrim it went down to it's current size. It is hard and does not seem to move when touched!
Was he Bactrim prescribed by a doctor after examining you?

What did he say about the swelling?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No - I have not been to a doctor, my sister had it from a staph infection.
You should not have taken the Bactrim like this without showing to a doctor.

It is likely that you too had a staph or some other infection like a furuncle, with the Bactrim the acute phase of the infection has subsided but perhaps because of inadequate dose of the antibiotic,you are now having some remnant of granulation which feels like a hard lump.

This is most likely to resolve spontaneously in time. But you should show a doctor for this. There could have been some preexisting lesion like a sebaceous cyst which got infected and has now become hard. Though you did not see a doctor before, the persistence of the lump makes it important that you see a doctor now so that the lump can be examined and diagnosed.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.