Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
1771736

I HAVE THESE BUMPS BETWEEN MY LEGS AND THEY SOMETIMES GET ...

I HAVE THESE BUMPS BETWEEN MY LEGS AND THEY SOMETIMES GET VERY LARGE AND ARE FILLED WITH WHITISH/CLEAR STUFF THEN BLOOD COMES OUT. THESE PLACES LEAVE REALLY BAD SCARS AND ITS VERY EMBARASSING. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT, NOR DO I KNOW HOW TO PREVENT THEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT MAY BE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 9 years ago.

You are likely to be having repeated staphylococcal infections which would cause such repeated bumps, it is likely that you are a staph carrier.

To prevent further infections, it is most important that the areas which carry the germs should be cleared first. These are the nose, the nails and the perineum. The perineum is the region between your anus and penis or vagina.

You have to clear these areas of the bacteria. Use Ointment Bactroban or Fucidin (Mupirocin) on the inside of your nose and the perineum two-three times every day for at least a month. This will help to clear the areas. Once the carrier bacteria are removed, your husband will likely not get the infections again.

You can discuss about the carrier status of staph with an infectious disease specialist at a local hospital. You can discuss with him about doing tests like Culture and Sensitivity from nasal and perineal swabs to detect carrier status.

You can read up here:

http://dermnetnz.org/bacterial/staphylococci.html

http://dermnetnz.org/bacterial/boils.html

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i also have these places on my breasts, underarm and my stomach. Is this something I need to go to the doctor about or is there something over the counter that can help?