HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:- When did you first notice the problem?
- Do any foods taste more greasy than others?
- Are you on any medications?
- Do you have any white material on the tongue or in the mouth?
- Do foods taste bland?
- Are you exposed to a lot of antibiotics when dealing with the cows?Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
It is a possibility that you could have a significant imbalance of the bacteria in the digestive system. With chronic exposure to antibiotics, you can deplete the digestive tract (from the mouth to the large intestine) of the healthy bacteria. The likelihood is yogurt would not be powerful enough to recolonize the digestive system with the right organisms. I would recommend that you try these three steps:
1. Treat antibiotic material like toxic waste. Limit your exposure to the antibiotics as much as humanly possible. This will help to keep you from wiping out the healthy bacteria and may prevent you from developing a drug resistant superbug at some point in your life.
2. Rinse with Listerine to help kill off any organism that may be coating the tongue or triggering this greasy taste.
3. Take a high quality probiotic formula - A probiotic is a supplement of healthy bacteria that are commonly used to recolonize the gut with healthy bacteria after antibiotic treatment. You can find them at health food stores, however, be sure to get one that is stored in a refrigerator. I recommend a few different brands that can be purchased online or at health food stores: 1. Jarrow Formulas Jarro-dophilus powder (1/2 teaspoon twice daily) 2. Therbiotic Complete by Klaire Labs - 1 capsule twice daily or 3. Culturelle 1 capsule twice daily. Choose one of these products, no need to do all of them.
This is a very strange symptom and this is a bit of an intuitive answer. If things do not improve, seek out a dentist to give you a once over. They may see something that you don't.
Your very welcome! If you find that this helps you then please accept the answer. Have great holiday!