A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

i had sex two days ago. i feel really sick to my stomach ...

Customer Question

i had sex two days ago. i feel really sick to my stomach and threw up today. am i just paranoid, or could that be a sign of pregnancy already? how soon can i tell?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Even if you have sex at ovulation and the egg is fertilized, it takes 6-12 days for the fertilized egg to implant in the lining of the uterus and the pregnancy hormone hCG to start being secreted. Thus 6-12 days after ovulation would be the very earliest you could possibly experience any pregnancy symptoms. You are more likely suffering from a viral gastroenteritis or perhaps just the stress of worrying about a possible pregnancy.