Theresa
Theresa, Medical Intern
Experience:  Currently a student in Medical School to obtain my MD in General Medicine
1277353

My blood sugar is over 600 what should I do?

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Theresa replied 7 years ago.

Hello:

If your blood sugar is over 600, you should go to the Emergency Room ASAP.

You don't mention whether or not you are a diabetic or if this is something that has just been noticed; however, I am taking the position that you are and that you probably use a glucose meter in the home.

If your blood glucose is over 600 you are at high risk to go into a diabetic coma.

Wishing you a peace filled holiday season this year and for many to come.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes I am type 2 I only use pills for meds
Expert:  Theresa replied 7 years ago.

Hello Again:

Being that you are diabetic please read my first response. It instructs you to go to the ER. The pills may not be enough to control the glucose and you may now need to receive insulin injections.

Terri

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Theresa Romaker's Post: It took way too long for a response
I spoke with my Doc and adjusted meds
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Your answer took far too long to recieve as you did not reply til following day
Expert:  Theresa replied 7 years ago.

Hello Customer:

If you will please look at the original post you made to Just Answer it is dated November 22nd at 4:28 pm.

Then if you would look at the response I provided for you it was done on November 22nd at 5:08 pm which is 40 minutes later.

On this same day, you provided a response to my answer 1 hour and 11 minutes later, to which I answered you again 5 minutes and 15 seconds later.

I have no choice as to whether or not you pay me for the work I have done sir. However, I must say that I am surprised because I filled my work obligation promptly and through completion.

It is my sincere hope that should you choose to not pay me for the work I have done for you that you never have to experience the same thing in life from another. Peace be with you.

Terri