Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Experience:  I have a B.S.N and more than 10 years of training and experience in patient care and education

does bausch & lombs neomycin and polymyxin b

does bausch & lomb's neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and hydrocortisone have sulfa drugs in it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Christy Hammond replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer welcome to JA.

Sulfa is a term used to describe a class of drugs called sulfonamides. This includes antibiotic and non-antibiotic sulfonamides. Septra and Bactrim, (brand names for trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole), sulfacetamide eye drops, and dapsone are examples of sulfa antibiotics. Sulfonylureas and celebrex are common non antibiotic sulfas.

Sulfates are "salts" of various medications, including Polymyxin B sulfate and Neomycin sulfate. These medications are not sulfonamides, and generally speaking they do not contain sulfa drugs.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have follow up questions.