A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

(TCO3) As cell size increases, the volume ...

(TCO3) As cell size increases, the
        volume increases faster than the surface area.
        surface area increases faster than the volume.
        surface area and volume increase at the same rate.
        volume and surface area decrease.
        None of the choices are correct.

2. (TCO3,4) Cells that lack a membrane-bound nucleus are __________ cells.
        prokaryotic
        animal
        fungal
        eukaryotic
        plant

3. (TCO4) The two main functions of the rough endoplasmic reticulum are the production of
        mitochondria and proteins that are to be secreted by the cell.
        ribosomes and steroid hormones.
        hydrogen peroxide and steroid hormones secreted by the cell.
        chromatin and mitochondria.
        membrane and proteins to be secreted by the cell.

4. (TCO4) The Golgi apparatus
        is the site of carbohydrate breakdown.
        is composed of stacks of membranous vesicles that are conti
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

1. As cell size increases, volume increases faster than surface area.

2. Cells that lack a membrane-bound nucleus are prokaryotic cells

3. The two main functions of the rough endoplasmic reticulum are the production of membrane and proteins to be secreted by the cell.

4. The Golgi apparatus .........

Were there more selections for question 4?

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry, i have been asked for 10 questions, but you only answered four of them.

That's because you only ASKED 4 of them. See your question above.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not accept this answer. how can I do?
Well, you don't have a very good record of accepting any answers. I will send this to the moderators for their help in closing this question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you answer other questions for replace the previous question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you answer my following questions as well?

The creation of offspring carrying genetic information from just a single parent is called
        asexual reproduction.
        a life cycle.
        regeneration.
        sexual reproduction.
        None of the choices are correct.

Which of the following occurs during interphase?
        cell growth and duplication of the chromosomes
        a reduction in the size of the nuclear membrane
        cytokinesis
        duplication of the chromosomes
        None of the choices are correct.

Which one of the following does not occur during mitotic anaphase?
        The centromeres of each chromosome divide.
        Sister chromatids separate.
        Daughter chromosomes begin to move toward opposite poles of the cell.
        The chromatid DNA replicates.
        All of the choices occur during mitotic anaphase.

Two chromosomes in a nucleus that carry loci for the same traits in the same positions on the chromosome but specify different versions of some traits constitute a pair of
        complementary chromosomes.
        polyploid chromosomes.
        heterologous chromosomes.
        homologous chromosomes.
        None of the choices are correct.

Which one of the following choices best describes the behavior of a tetrad during anaphase I of meiosis?
        It splits into four chromosomes, which distribute in random pairs to the two poles of the dividing cell.
        It goes intact to one pole of the dividing cell.
        It splits into two pairs of sister chromatids, and one pair goes to each pole of the dividing cell.
        It splits into two pairs of homologous, nonsister chromatids, and one pair goes to each pole of the dividing cell.
        It splits into four chromosomes, which distribute in sister-chromosome pairs to the two poles of the dividing cell.

Independent orientation of chromosomes at metaphase I and random fertilization are most like:
        pairing up similar socks after washing your clothes.
        shuffling cards and dealing out hands of poker.
        stringing beads onto a string to make a necklace.
        cutting up a pie into eight even-sized slices.
        alphabetizing files in a filing cabinet.

A monohybrid cross is
        a breeding experiment in which the parental varieties have only one trait in common.
        a triploid plant that results from breeding two very different plants.
        a breeding experiment in which the parental varieties differ in only one trait.
        the second generation of a self-fertilized plant.
        None of the choices are correct.

( Mendel's law of independent assortment states that
        independent sorting of genes produces polyploid plants under some circumstances.
        each pair of alleles segregates independently of the other pairs of alleles during gamete formation.
        genes sort independently of each other in animals but not in plants.
        chromosomes sort independently of each other during mitosis and meiosis.
        None of the choices are correct.

Which one of the following is false?
        RNA uses the sugar dextrose.
        One RNA molecule can include four different nucleotides in its structure.
        RNA is a nucleic acid.
        RNA molecules have a sugar-phosphate backbone.
        RNA uses the nitrogenous base uracil.

The transfer of genetic information from DNA to RNA is called
        promotion.
        transcription.
        translation.
        initiation.
        elongation.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the answer?

asexual reproduction.

The chromatid DNA replicates.

homologous chromosomes.

A monohybrid cross is

Which one of the following is false?
RNA uses the sugar dextrose.

transcription.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I have been posted this following question for 5 days already, but no one answer for me, can you answer it?   don't have exactly right answer, just your experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the optimal temperature for invertase activity? Is this what you expected? Would invertase isolated from any two organisms (for example, yeast invertase vs. invertase from the small intestine of humans) show the same temperature optimum? Why or why not? Explain your answers. Explain why temperatures lower or higher than the optimum cause decreases in invertase activity. What is happening to the enzyme to produce these decreases in activity? Carefully examine the curve for VO vs. temperature. Is the slope of the line on both sides of the curve the same or different? If the slope of the line to the left of maximum velocity is different from the slope of the line to the right of maximum velocity, explain why this is. What is responsible for these differences in enzyme kinetics? If you were to carry out these temperature experiments at a higher or lower [S], what effect would [S] have on the temperature optimum for invertase? Formulate a hypothesis and then test your hypothesis.
I'm sorry but that would be another question. It would require a lot of time to put all that together to give you an answer. That is probably why you haven't received a reply. It is a question that all by itself is worth more than $30.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no problem, i will pay for it. but can you let me know if you can answer it? thanks.
Sorry, that's not my field. I would suggest you post it as a separate question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, thanks. but you mean you can't answer this question?

I mean that it's not something I can do right now. I have to get ready for work, for one thing. We have a couple of new young doctors online tonight who should find this right up their alley.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
should I post in here or I have to post on "answer my question?"

Thanks.
Judy
You should go back to the beginning and ask a whole new question. Tucked onto the end of this one, they probably won't see it - especially since I've already answered the first two for you. When a new question comes up (especially one valued at $30) they should jump right on it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i already posted my question online, can you look at it? thanks.
It looks good! Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you answer my questions?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
With the exception of identical twins, siblings who have the same two biological parents are likely to look similar, but not identical, to each other because they have (Points: 2)
        identical chromosomes but not identical genes.
        a similar but not identical combination of genes.
        the same combination of traits but different genes.
        identical genes but different chromosomes.
        only a 20% chance of sharing the same combination of genes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are you sure the answer is right for this question?

Sister chromatids separate.
        The chromatid DNA replicates.
your answer is The chromatid DNA replicates.
Yes, I'm sure that chromatid DNA replication doesn't happen during anaphase.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
beside this answer I only got 8 corrected.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you know why takes so long for my questions posted online few days ago? can you check? thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you know why take so long for somebody to answer my question that i was posted online few days already? thanks.

The way JA works is that the customer asks the questions and assigns a value to them. If an expert sees the question and thinks they can answer it for the assigned price, they do so. Sometimes a question will be too technical for the experts who see it. Sometimes it will be too involved, or too long, and no expert wants to bother answering it for the dollar value assigned. You would be amazed at the people who post a question wanting a 500-word research paper in APA format on some arcane health subject and assign a value of $20 to it. That kind of question usually gets answered better in the homework forum. For most of us on the health forum, it has been years and years since basic science, and we all prefer to answer questions dealing with what we do everyday when we aren't online with JA - which the practice of medicine, pharmacy, nursing, etc.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
are you online now?
Yes I am.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
good, I have question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I already posted my questions online, can you answer it? thanks.