Andy R
Andy R, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Doctor of Pharmacy with 30 years of hospital experience, nursing school faculty

What are the symptoms of a bad appendix. Also were is the ...

What are the symptoms of a bad appendix. Also were is the appendix located and wre would I feel the pain.
Category: Health
Expert:  Andy R replied 8 years ago.

I have included a website to give you further information on the appendix and appendicitis.

the appendix is located on the large intestine, it is on the right side of your body about midway from the bottom of the ribs to the iliac crest on your flank.

The pain from appendicitis usually starts as a diffuse pain throughout the lower stomach area and becomes concentrated on the right lower flank area.

If you are having that type of pain you need to go to an ER asap. As the pain and possibly nausea and vomiting becomes more intense there is a possibility that the appendix will rupture causing a peritoneal infection that is much more difficult to treat than surgically removing the appendix before it ruptures.