DrNowicki
DrNowicki, Naturopathic Doctor (N.D.)
Experience:  >7yrsPrivate practice, gen'l family practice;focus on treating the cause of symptoms w/natural meds
5583463

Is there an allergic reaction such as dry mouth or ...

Is there an allergic reaction such as dry mouth or cotton mouth? This happens to me each time I eat a persimmon, almonds, pecans, or walnuts. Should I consider myself to be allergic to these foods?

Hi there.

Common allergy symptoms skin rash, itchiness, difficulty breathing, hives, difficulty swallowing, diarrhea, and/or stomach pain, That said, if you notice the symptoms occur every time you eat the food, you are obviously having an adverse reaction to those foods. Although you may not have a life threatening reaciton to these foods, I would suggest you do not consume these foods.

You may consider seeing an allergist for further testing and proper diagnosis. An allergist would be able to perform testing to determine if you have a more significant allergy to these foods.

I hope you find this information helpful.

-Dr.John

Please check ACCEPT so that I may receive credit for my work. Although you already paid, I do not receive credit until you check ACCEPT. Positive FEEDBACK and BONUSES are appreciated.