A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I had a alcohol level of 200 mg. per deciliter what is that ...

I had a alcohol level of 200 mg. per deciliter what is that in BAC levels or any other concept that is none by non medical people.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

200 mg/dL is the same as 0.20 BAC.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm sorry I thought I knew what a BAC level was could you explain further my medical records sounded like my injuries had noyhing to do with alcohol

The human body can clear about 1 drink (12 ounces beer, 1.25 ounces 80 proof liquor, or 5 ounces table wine) in an hour. The amount is somewhat varied according to age, weight, metabolism, sex, etc. In the US the usual legal limit is 0.08 BAC which is equivalent to 80 mg/dL. Thus your 200 mg/dL is 0.20 BAC. A BAC of 0.20 is equivalent to about 8 drinks for a 180-lb man. At 0.20 BAC someone usually has delayed reaction time, loss of motor control, slurred speech and staggering. Between 0.21 and 0.29 people can black out. At 0.30 to 0.39 breathing and heart rate are severely affected and a person can die.