Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

What causes sublingual gland to swell My daughter has an ...

What causes sublingual gland to swell? My daughter has an swollen sublingual gland for the second time. The first time she has an outpatient surgery. What can I do about, I am just hoping that it is not cancer material?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 9 years ago.

Right now ,Customer , you are taking the right steps , consulting an ENT specialist who will evaluate your daughter and give her the appropriate treatment .

There is no need to be concerned , I tell you this because the most common cause of sublingual gland inflammation :

it is the sublingual gland duct obstruction , mainly by stones that block the saliva fluid flow . This is the main cause of sublingual gland inflammation.

other causes of sublingual gland swelling are : infections and the less probable cause , the presence of a mass or tumorous lesion( with the biopsy the doctor will be able to determine if the lesion is benign or malignant ) .

The doctor will perform some tests : a needle biopsy , a dental X-rays and CAT scan or MRI studies .

With these tests , the doctor will be able to determine the specific cause of this sublingual gland swelling , to give her the appropriate treatment .

If you like the answer, click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely XXXXX XXXXX