Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

how to unblock a blocked eustachian tube

No Comment Added
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 8 years ago.

Most likely this is blocked due to inflammation. You will want to be sure you are drinking lots of water to thin out any secretions. This will help them drain. Also, if you can take them, an over the counter decongestant should help. One of these is sudafed. Decreasing inflammation is also helped by taking motrin or advil if you can take those.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
as a child,I had many ear infections which were treated by lancing of abseses on my eardrum creatinga lot of scar tissue especialy on my left eardrum. after the operation that cleaned out the inflamation tubes were inserted in both ears. as if a miracle, the blockage inboth ears was gone, this relief lastde about 6 months   then , asif a curtin had been rolled down over my left ear , it became b locked. went to my otolangolagist. the tube in that ear had dislodged. where do i go from here? replace the tube? My otolangolist tells me that my eustachian tube is also not in good condition my hearing onleft side feels cut off. If another tube is inserted its likely to fall out because of scar tissue on this drum. Can you help me?