Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,

Will one hit of marijuana show up on a drug test

No Comment Added

Yes, it might if the test is taken in the next few days.

It could take up to a week to clear your system.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: So even if I have not done it in a couple of years, one hit is enough to show up? I thought it had to be more than a certain part per million in order to be considered positive?
Would showing up in a low concentration be considered a positive test, or could I say it was second hand smoke?

I'm not a druggie or anything, I just had a lapse in judgement and am worried abouth getting a random test at work. I've only had one in the last 2 or 3 years, but with my luck the next one will be first thing monday morning.

Is there anything that actually does help to get it out of your system faster?

If it was just one hit, when did you smoke it?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: Last night. It was a decent sized hit, but just the one.

Yes, I do believe it can show up on Monday still.

It may not be high, but it will raise red flags if you have previously been clean.

Wish I could help more.

You can try drinking some extra fluids, but this usually doesn't help any due to the fact that THC is fat soluble not water soluble.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: I probably should have phrased my guestion better in the first place, and i'll wrap it up with this.. but like you said "It may not be high, but it will raise red flags".. is even a tiny amount considered failing, or does it just "raise red flags" unless it is above a certain amount.

Thank you for your time

Well, it really depends on your bosses, or who is judging.

If your work performance has been good, and you aren't one to party a lot, and it is low, you can possibly say that you were exposed second hand smoke.

It depends on you companies policy as well.

Hopefully they have a cut off mark where a certain amount will be considered insignificant.

I wish you the best outcome!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: Thank You !

You are welcome! Let me know how it goes okay?