Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

i have bone chips in my left elbow, when i go bowling

i have bone chips in my left elbow, when i go bowling it really hurts, the doctor said he would give me a 70% chance that after surgery my elbow would feel better. Whats your take on elbow surgery
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 9 years ago.

Hi,Customer,your doctor wants probably to perform an arthroscopy surgery , to remove these bone fragments or chips that are affecting your elbow .

This surgery is extremely effective .

The scars will be minimal , and you will return to work and will be able to perform the sports that you like very soon .

In this surgery , your doctor introduces a small tube through your skin , the tube has a camera and it will be connected to a television . With this ,your doctor will be able to see your elbow joint directly and will remove the fragments or chips in your elbow.

The tissue will heal very fast and you will feel much better in a short period of time .

If you like the answer click accept . A bonus will always be sincerely XXXXX XXXXX